Student Employment

The Residence Life and Housing office employs many undergraduate and graduate students in a number of positions. Undergraduate students (sophomores, juniors, and seniors) may be qualified to apply for resident adviser positions (approximately 100 positions) or Residence Life and Housing office assistant positions (approximately three to five positions). Graduate students may qualify to apply for graduate hall director positions (approximately 12 positions) as well as graduate assistant positions for the Residence Life and Housing office.

Below are potential employment opportunities within Residence Life and Housing. If you are interested in one of these positions, click to obtain details about applying for that position.

Graduate Assistant Positions

The Office Residence Life and Housing offers several different assistantships, each of which carries a different set of responsibilities, for Wake Forest graduate students.

Learn More

Undergraduate Student Positions

Resident Adviser

The Resident Adviser (RA) is a full-time undergraduate student selected to serve as an integral member of the Residence Life and Housing Program. He/she reports to and is directly accountable to a Graduate Hall Director. The Resident Adviser lives with a group of 15-65 residents and works with them in areas of advising, community development, policy enforcement, administration and general operation of the residential community.

Theme Program Assistant

Each Theme House will have a student leader (Theme Program Assistant) who lives within the Theme to coordinate programming initiatives and complete program requirements with their faculty/staff adviser. It is the responsibility of each Theme to identify an individual who will serve in this capacity. Theme Program Assistants are paid for the academic year in two installments – once each semester.

Summer Positions

Resident Advisers and Graduate Assistant positions are available each year for the Summer Sessions. The number and availability of these positions will vary each year.