Information about the Resident Adviser application process for the 2022-23 Academic Year can be found below.
Please keep in mind you must have completed one semester at Wake Forest to apply to be an RA.
Thank you for your interest in the Resident Adviser (RA) position at Wake Forest University.
The Office of Residence Life and Housing believes the Resident Adviser (RA) position is the premier leadership position on our campus and we are looking for just the right person to join our team.
We are looking for the next generation of student leaders who care about creating an unrivaled student experience within our residence halls. We are looking for leaders who are educators, influencers, role models and community builders.
As an RA you help create programs and initiatives that enhance community, meet residents’ personal and academic needs, build positive relationships with residents and create a safe environment where residents have opportunities to grow academically and socially.
The RA position is also a resume builder.
Being an RA affords you the ability to enhance your management and delegation skills, manage conflict, effectively solve problems, express ideas and think critically on your feet to name just a few of the intangible skills and abilities.
These skills and abilities are necessary for your life while and after Wake regardless of your career or personal path. The tangible benefits include a private room at a reduced rate room, and a 10 month stipend!
Most of all, we provide our leaders with professional development opportunities, weekly 1:1 support, community within your staff team, and the opportunity to invest in your fellow-peers lives! What other campus position does that?!
INTERVIEW & SELECTION TIMELINE
STEP 1: Learn More
Interested in learning more about the RA position? Follow RL&H on social media for more information, explore this page, and check out videos from current RAs.
STEP 2: Apply Online
All applicants must apply via the housing portal.
The application closes December 6th, 2021 at 11:59 pm
STEP 3: Open House Night
The Open House* event will be held on the evening of Friday, February 4th.
- At this event, you will learn more about the RA position and the position requirements. You will also get a chance to meet your interview group for Saturday and learn more about our residential communities for the upcoming school year.
- You will be notified of your Open House candidate number, group and check-in time in advance of the event.
*Attendance at this event is mandatory. Dress is casual.
STEP 4: Group Process Day
Group process will be held Saturday, February 5th from approximately 9 AM-1:00 PM.
- Group process day interviews focus on working in teams, problem-solving, and fostering inclusive environments. You will be in the same group as you were in during Open House.
- Be yourself and have fun. This is an opportunity for you to interact with other students who are going through the same process as you.
- Please bring something to write with.
- Attendance at this event is mandatory.
- Dress is casual.
STEP 5: Individual Interviews
Interviews will be held Sunday, February 6th, 2022.
- The final stage of the RA selection process is an individual interview with supervisors from various on-campus communities.
- Interviews will last approximately 30 minutes and follow a question and answer format, with the opportunity to ask questions at the end.
- Attendance at this event is mandatory.
- Dress is business casual for individual interviews.
STEP 6: Offers Made
Decision letters will be available to you by the end of February. All letters regardless of the decision will be available at the same time.
If you would like to discuss your application and/or interview after the process, you may contact us to set up a time.
Interview & Selection Timeline for Returner Applicants
Returning RA’s will complete a 30-minute individual interview via Zoom.
Two Residence Life and Housing in-hall staff members who are NOT their supervisors will review the interview and score according to a rubric.
Interviews will be held between December 14th – December 15th, 2021.
- 6-8 minute presentation
RA’s should be prepared to present on the following prompts; all will be scored on same rubric:
- “Based upon your experience at Wake, what are the most valuable aspects of the on-campus experience?
- How have you enhanced those aspects through the RA role while demonstrating characteristics of a servant leader?”
The sign-up link will be at the end of the Returner Application, and must be completed for the application to be considered complete.
Sign-ups are due by the application close date on December 6th, 2021.