- May 11 – Buildings close for all residents not approved for Interim Housing (details below) at 2 p.m.
- May 12-31 – Students in South Hall for Interim Housing needing assistance should contact the Interim Housing RA On-Duty; this phone number will be posted at the front door and near the hall office.
- May 12-17 – Students in other communities who need assistance during this week should contact University Police at 336-758-5591.
- May 17-20 – Students needing assistance can contact RA On-Duty in their community.
- May 20 – Buildings close for all residents not approved for continued Interim Housing (South Hall) at 7 p.m.
- May 28 – Summer School Check-In from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- May 31 – Interim Housing (South Hall) closes at 5 p.m.
Information for Spring 2021 Closing will be updated early in 2021. The information below will give you a general idea of the procedures in past years.
Interim Housing is available for students who meet certain criteria to stay on campus beyond our first closing date of May 11. Based on circumstances, students may be allowed to stay in their current North Campus or Quad-area room or required to move to South Hall.
- Only students approved for Interim Housing may stay on-campus beyond May 11, at 2 p.m.
- The 2019 Interim Housing Request is now available through the Housing Portal (go.wfu.edu/housingportal).
- There is a charge ($15 per night) for students staying in Interim Housing for purposes other than commencement.
- You are not guaranteed Interim Housing until your request has been approved.
- Requests are due by Monday, May 6 at 8:30 a.m.
ALL students – regardless if you are doing an express checkout – must sign up for a checkout time BEFORE Thursday, May 2. To sign-up please follow the instructions you will receive from your Graduate Hall Director.
Students are expected to check-out within 24 Hours after their last final exam. Checkout times will be available during the following times: From 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily from May 2 through May 10 and from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on May 11.
Two Check-Out Options
- ONLY available if you live in a double/triple and are NOT the last person checking out of your bedroom.
- Move out, clean room*, sign envelope, place key in envelope, submit envelope at Hall Office.
- Students participating in Express Check-Out waive the right to appeal fines and/or damages.
- Any student can do a standard check-out; however, the following students MUST complete a standard check-out – ALL students in singles, and the last person checking out of any double/triple.
- Move out, clean room*, meet RA at Community Office at scheduled time, walk-through room with RA, return key to RA, sign check-out form.
- After your check-out, your door will be locked and you will not be able to return.
Closing for Residents of Taylor, Efird, and NCA Buildings 2 and 3 ONLY
If You Do Not Need Housing Beyond May 11
Please be sure to follow all instructions regarding our closing process provided by your hall staff, check out of your room and return in your keys prior to 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 11.
In order for us to plan accordingly, we would ask that you please email us at email@example.com if you do not need housing beyond May 11.
If You Need Housing After May 11
If you will need to be on campus beyond May 11, you will need to move to interim housing located in South Residence Hall. Please be sure that you complete the 2019 Interim Housing Request (available in April) through the Housing Portal, by May 6, at 8:30 a.m.
Additional information will be sent in the coming weeks to seniors and others officially involved in commencement regarding your transition.
Prior to May 11, you should follow all instructions provided by the hall staff regarding the closing process. You will need to check out of your current assignment and turn in your keys prior to 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 11.
As these dates get closer, we will send you further communication regarding check-in and check-out for your interim housing room.
If you have questions regarding closing for NCA Buildings 2 and 3 please contact the Office of Residence Life and Housing at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336.758.5185.
Lost Your Keys?
If you have lost your key(s) or fail to return your key(s) at check-out, you will be charged for a lock core change and replacement of the key(s). The cost of recoring a lock is a minimum of $75.00.
As you are cleaning your residential space, you are encouraged to donate re-usable furniture and clothing by way of Deacs Donate, a non-profit initiative designed to reduce end-of-the year waste and benefit local families. Students wishing to donate clothing should look for marked boxes in the lobby areas of residence halls. Take furniture outside of the residence hall to designated areas.
In effort to honor the intent of donations, we ask that items not be removed once placed in Deacs Donate collection locations.
Do you have bulk trash items?
Large items and bagged trash should be taken to one of the following designated trash pick-up areas. You are responsible for removing, from the building, any items in the room that were not present at check-in. You will not be able to leave the items in the hallways, balconies, courtyards, or common areas. Regardless of which type of check-out you participate in, all bulk trash items (which includes bagged trash) must be removed from your room and surrounding common areas and placed in the appropriate Bulk Trash location or an additional housekeeping fine (minimum of $50.00) will be assessed to each resident.
Summer storage is NOT available in the residence halls or houses. Review Campus Resources for information about approved storage options.
All MicroFridge® appliances must be cleaned (inside and out, as well as the removal of any stickers or magnets), defrosted and wiped dry. Please leave the MicroFridge® appliance unplugged and the doors open on both parts of the appliance.
Receive a Bill For Damage?
Residence Life and Housing will forward billable damage information to Financial and Accounting Services within 12 working days after commencement. Prompt payment once you receive notification from Financial and Accounting Services is requested to avoid a hold being placed on your record for registration, room check-in for the fall term, Off-Campus Housing approval or transcript release. If you feel that you have been issued a bill incorrectly, and you did not participate in the Express Check-Out process, you may appeal the bill, in writing, within 30 days of receipt of the bill to Residence Life and Housing, email@example.com. Please include your name, room number and building; as well as, your reason for appeal.
See your hall staff or contact Residence Life and Housing via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 336.758.5185.
Summer School 2019
Students who wish to live on campus for summer school will need to request housing through the Housing Portal. Rooms are assigned first-come, first-served based on availability. Preferences are not guaranteed. If you have questions regarding Summer School room assignments, contact Kristy Eanes, Assignments Coordinator or call 336.758.5185.
- 2019 Summer Session 1
- Check-In Date – Tuesday, May 28, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Check-Out Date – Thursday, July 4, by 2 p.m.
- 2019 Summer Session 2
- Check-In Date – Sunday, July 7, 12 – 5 p.m.
- Check-Out Date – Saturday, August 10 by 7 p.m.
- Students reserving the same room for both sessions will not be required to move out between summer sessions.
- 2019 Summer Session 1