Wake Forest has several methods of responding to reports of mold growth, in accordance with the University’s Mold Management Plan:
- Trained staff identify and treat areas of where mold growth is found.
- Developed in conjunction with third-party industrial hygienists, all practices within the plan are in line with guidelines provided by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Trained staff members in Department of Environmental Health and Safety and Facilities and Campus Services are the mold assessors.
- Affected areas are cleaned and treated with products that have mold inhibitors.
- University approved third-party abatement contractors who specialize in mold abatement are used for areas that have mold growth greater than 10 sq ft.