Babcock Residence Hall is named in honor of one of the University’s most generous benefactors, Mary Reynolds Babcock. With her husband, Charles Babcock, she donated over 300 acres to Wake Forest College as the site of the new campus. In addition, the Mary Reynolds Babcock Foundation has given over $12 million to Wake Forest University. Babcock is a co-ed building housing first-year students. The bee and flower icons on the dorm’s seal are emblematic of Mrs. Babcock’s devotion to gardening.
For immediate assistance during business hours, please contact the Office of Residence Life and Housing at 336.758.5185. If there is an emergency or for after-hours assistance, please contact Wake Forest University Police at 336.758.5911.
- Average Room Dimensions: 15′ L X11′ W X 8′ H
- Closet Dimensions: 3′ 5″ X 2′ 3″ X 7′ 10″
- Window Size: 3′ X 4′ 6″, Blinds
- Floor Covering: Tile, White
- Wall Color: Off-White
- Multi-port Wireless Access Point: One
- Electrical Outlets: 3-4
- Heating & Air: Central
- MicroFridge®: One Per Room
- Sinks in Room: Most
The measurements for the items listed above are general in order to help visualize rooms. Every room is unique and varies in dimensions, sometimes greatly.
- Year Built: 1961 / Updated 2012
- Capacity: 249
- Fire Safety: Smoke Detectors, Sprinkler System, Alarms
- Hall Staff: 11
- Amenities: Parlor, Large Basement Lounge, Community Kitchen, and Sundeck.
- Courtney L. Rufh
Graduate Hall Director:
- Paris Coleman
- Kyra Corcoran
- Nyna DeWitt
- Tiye Rahmah
- Nicolette Robinson
- Elisabeth Morrell
- Colin Reed
- Malik McFarlane
- Thomas Gornisiewicz
- Cameron French