“Early Arrivals” are students who are granted special permission to move into their on-campus housing assignments before their designated check-in dates. For a variety of reasons, Wake Forest University restricts the number of students allowed to check-in early.
The designated check-in day for new students is Wednesday, August 22, 2018. The designated check-in days for returning students are Friday, August 24-Sunday, August 26. All students who wish to move into the residence halls or apartments before these dates must be involved in a campus organization or activity that has made prior arrangements and/or have their requests approved by Residence Life and Housing.
Early Arrival as Part of a Specific Group Association
- New undergraduate students involved in pre-school academic initiatives
- Returning undergraduate students associated with student organizations
- Returning undergraduate students assisting with pre-orientation programs
- Athletic teams and associated athletic groups
- Student departmental employees
- Group leaders will submit the names of student participants to Residence Life and Housing by July 20, 2018.
- Lists must be submitted by official group advisors or administrators, NOT individual student members.
- Early arrivals may check in from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on their pre-approved day. Students arriving outside of these times should contact Residence Life and Housing at email@example.com for instructions for check-in.
Individual Early Arrivals
- NO early arrivals for upperclassmen on August 22, 2018.
- The maximum number of days a student may request an Early Arrival for extenuating circumstances is three (3) days
- New Undergraduate Students – ONLY as a part of a campus organization or activity
- Returning Undergraduate Students – August 21, 2018
- Fee: $125.00 per student per night
- Early arrivals may check-in from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on their pre-approved day. Students arriving outside of these times should contact Residence Life and Housing at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions for check-in.
If you foresee arriving later than 5 p.m. on Sunday, August 26, 2018, please contact Residence Life and Housing at email@example.com or 336.758.5185 for instructions and to avoid possible charges