New Residential Students
Check-in for new students on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. with move-in assistance available from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Returning Residential Students
Friday, August 24 – Sunday, August 26
- Check-in between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, or
- Check-in between 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Sunday
If you lose your key or Deacon OneCard over break, please contact our office at 336.758.5185. For Deacon OneCards, please come to the Deacon OneCard Office in Angelou Hall. Our offices will be open Saturday, January 13 from 9 AM to 5 PM and Sunday, January 14 from noon to 5 PM.
If you foresee arriving later than 5 p.m. on Sunday, August 26, 2018, please contact Residence Life and Housing at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336.758.5185 for instructions and to avoid possible charges.
Check-In: 5 Easy Steps
- Pull your vehicle into a designated unloading zone closest to your residence hall and follow the unloading procedures below.
- Go to the main lobby in your assigned residence hall for check-in.
- Students living in a house on Polo Road and Martin Hall will check in at Polo Hall,
- Students living in Student Apartments and North Campus Apartments will check in at North Campus Apartments, Building # 5,
- Students living in Huffman Hall will check in at Poteat Hall,
- Students living in Efird Hall will check in at Taylor Hall,
- Students living in Piccolo Hall will check in at Palmer Hall.
- Introduce yourself to the hall staff and show them your room assignment.
- Pick up your keys, Room Condition Report, and other materials.
- Unload belongings at the curb and have someone move your vehicle to a parking lot so that others may unload their cars.
With over 3,000 students returning to campus in just a few days, moving can be chaotic. To make everyone’s arrival as pleasant as possible, please:
- Observe all parking restrictions and traffic patterns; University Police will enforce these regulations. Park only on designated streets and in designated lots; do not park on the lawns since it may damage the underground sprinklers. While you are checking in, park in the designated unloading areas with flashers on.
- Quickly unload your belongings at the curb nearest to your residence hall. Once you are finished unloading, please move your vehicle to a parking lot.
- Do not park in handicap spaces, fire lanes, service areas, driving lanes, roadways, sidewalks, on the grounds or any other area not designated for parking.
- Check weather forecasts and plan accordingly. Bringing umbrellas and plastic for covering your belongings would be a good idea if rain is in the forecast.
When you check in, you will receive a Room Condition Report (RCR) which states the condition of items in your room at the time you move in. Take a few minutes to inspect your room to see if there are any discrepancies between your RCR and the actual condition of your room. If there are discrepancies, you must notify your Resident Adviser (RA) within 48 hours to ensure that you will not be financially accountable for pre-existing damages upon your check-out.