Changes During The Semester
Room changes during the academic semesters are overseen by the Community Director for your area of campus. Changes are based on availability and must be approved by the Community Director for your area of campus.
- Students requesting a change due to a disability-related accommodation, should follow the process outlined on our Accommodations page and will be contacted by our Assignments team after their request has been reviewed.
- Students requesting a change due to roommate concerns/conflict will need to work through a mediation process with their Community Director prior to requesting a room change.
Changes Between the Fall and Spring Semester
Spring room changes will be offered and/or approved on a rolling basis based on space availability. Any approved moves must take place at the end of the semester, before exams begin.
Spring 2022 Room Change Timeline
October 15, 2021: Spring 2022 Housing Process Opens
- To submit a Room Change Request, please visit the housing portal at go.wfu.edu/housingportal.
- Pull In Requests
- If you have a current vacancy for Fall 2021 you may pull in any student
- If your roommate is departing for Spring 2022 then you may only pull in students returning for Spring 2022
November 1, 2021: Spring 2022 Housing Process Closes
November 12, 2021: Notifications sent for approved moves, releases, etc.
November 29, 2021 – December 5, 2021: Students complete approved moves.
- Students will be notified of changes if approved via email.
- If approved, you must make arrangements with your community staff to coordinate the change.
- If approved to move, you MUST complete your move by December 5, 2021.
- Cancellation of your Room Change Request must be made in writing to the Office of Residence Life and Housing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a roommate, please be courteous and notify them immediately of your intention to change rooms.
- Any student who currently has a vacancy in their room or has a roommate that has requested a move should request a pull in or anticipate being assigned a new roommate by the Office of Residence Life and Housing for the Spring semester.
- For students wishing to pull in a specific roommate, the student with a vacancy in their current room should complete a Room Change Request.
- Singles are very limited. If you have a roommate situation that you consider untenable it is strongly encouraged that you select either single or double.
- If your request is approved, you MUST move. You will not have the option to decline your new assignment.