- Have completed at least two (2) semesters of college coursework.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the time of application and throughout the assistantship.
- Be in good standing with the University throughout assistantship (i.e. no disciplinary sanctions pending or currently in effect, including official Residence Life and Housing alcohol warnings). Prior disciplinary actions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Be responsible for the application and interview process for the following year.
- Be responsible for communicating information between the group’s members and Residence Life and Housing when necessary.
- Complete administrative tasks, such as maintaining financial records, as requested by the Residence Education and Assignments team within Residence Life and Housing.
- Work alongside group members to make progress towards their group’s purpose and goals.
- Regularly meet with the group’s Faculty/Staff Adviser throughout the semester to discuss the group’s goals and collaborate on events and initiatives.
- Attend scheduled meetings with Residence Life and Housing staff throughout the year, including one-on-one and large group meetings with Residence Education.
- Attend a full-day Spring Training day in early April. Exact date is TBA.
- Complete a monthly report of programs and initiatives (due on the 5th day of every month).
- Coordinate programming initiatives and complete program requirements with input from their faculty/staff adviser.
- Complete at least two programs/events per month. TPAs are encouraged to work with community members and faculty/staff advisers to plan and implement these programs.
- TPAs receive compensation in the amount of $750 for the full academic year. Payment is contingent upon successful completion of all TPA responsibilities.