Credit Counter Gif

Residency Requirement

Wake Forest has a six-semester residency requirement and is committed to providing eight semesters of on-campus housing for residential students in good standing. 

Students living in University housing or studying abroad during the Fall or Spring Semester earn a housing credit as of the census date each semester and transfer students will receive a housing credit for each Fall or Spring semester completed at full-time status at another institution.

Students are expected to fulfill the residency requirement consecutively, barring time away from the University (e.g. CES, withdrawal). Students who are away from the University (e.g. CES, withdrawal) as of the census date do not earn a housing credit for that semester and Summer sessions do not count toward the residency requirement.

Students with less than six semesters of housing credit should not make any plans to live off-campus unless they have been released in writing from the residency requirement by the Office of Residence Life and Housing.


For specific questions, please contact the Office of Residence Life and Housing at or 336-758-5185.