January 2019 Parent/Family Updates
The Office of Residence Life and Housing is excited to welcome students back for the Spring 2019 semester. As you and your students plan, please consider the important reminders below:
- Spring Opening –
- Residence halls open for students to return at 9 a.m. on Friday, January 11, 2019.
- Students involved with sorority recruitment will receive details regarding their return to campus via email and can visit our Fraternity and Sorority Life website for complete details on the recruitment process.
- More information is available on the Residence Life and Housing website.
- Weather Change –
- This is the time of year our weather starts to change here in North Carolina. With that, we’re hearing from many students regarding concerns about their heating and air conditioning. To understand how our units work, click here (PDF).
- As we plan for closing and opening, we always want to remind everyone that in the event of inclement weather, Wake Alert will provide the most up-to-date information on University operations.
- Spring Semester Dates –
- March 11-15 – Spring Break – Residence Halls Remain Open
- May 3-10 – Final Exams – 24 Hour Quiet Hours’
- May 11 – Residence Halls close @ 2 p.m. for non-seniors (unless approved for Interim Housing)
- May 20 – Commencement – Residence Halls close for seniors and those not approved for Interim Housing @ 7 p.m.
Some other helpful notes from the Office of Residence Life and Housing:
- We are now accepting applications for Resident Advisers for the 2019-20 Academic Year. Resident Advisers (RAs) are student leaders hired to live and work in a residential community setting. For more information on the RA role or how to apply, please visit go.wfu.edu/ra.
- Our ability to grant room changes during the spring semester is limited based on the availability of vacant spaces. Students interested in changing rooms are encouraged to submit a Room Change Request during the Open Room Change Request period which runs from January 22 thru February 5. More information on room changes can be found on the Office of Residence Life and Housing website.
As always, do not hesitate to contact our office if you have questions or if we can be of assistance. We can be reached at email@example.com or 336.758.5185.