February 2019 Parent/Family Updates
The Office of Residence Life and Housing is committed to helping our students navigate the spring semester successfully, and also help them plan for the 2019-20 Academic Year. As you and your student communicate, please consider the important reminders below:
- Spring Semester Dates –
- Mar. 11-15 – Spring Break – Residence Halls Remain Open
- May 3-10 – Final Exams – 24 Hour Quiet Hours
- May 11 – Residence Halls close @ 2 p.m. for non-seniors (unless approved for Interim Housing)
- May 20 – Commencement – Residence Halls close for seniors and those not approved for Interim Housing @ 7 p.m.
- Housing Selection Dates –
- Feb. 18 – Off-Campus Living Petitions Due (details)
- Note: Students with 6 semesters of housing credits (on-campus or abroad) do NOT have to petition to live off-campus.
- Feb. 25 – Housing Application Opens & Selection Times Available (details)
- Mar. 1 – Fraternity/Sorority Block and Residential Engagement Community (REC) Rosters Due
- Mar. 1 – Specialty Housing (Quiet Living, Substance Free, & Gender Neutral) Requests Due (details)
- Mar. 25-29 – General Housing Selection (details)
- Housing Selection Notes –
- Students going abroad in Fall 2019 will select Spring 2020 Housing while abroad.
- Students will receive several communications between now and room selection with instructions/details about the process, please have them contact us with any questions or concerns to make sure they are prepared when selection comes around. We can be reached at email@example.com or 336-758-5185.
- There have been many questions about the addition of Deacon Place into the housing inventory for the Office, please visit our website for more details on how that transition is being managed.
- 2019-20 Opening/Closing Dates – The Office of Residence Life and Housing is pleased to share dates related to the opening and closing of our residential communities for the 2019-20 academic year. These dates can be found on our website. Additional dates from the department will be made available via the rlh.wfu.edu Dates & Deadlines section as they are finalized
As always, do not hesitate to contact our office if you have questions or if we can be of assistance. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336.758.5185.