The Office of Residence Life and Housing wants to share the following important updates with you as the Spring 2018 Semester begins to wind down.
- Spring Closing
- Saturday, May 12, 2018, at 2 p.m.
- Undergraduate students check-out of the residence halls. All undergraduates not officially involved with commencement-related activities must check-out by 2 p.m.
- Undergraduates requesting to remain beyond this deadline must complete the 2018 Interim Housing Request through WIN by visiting WIN>Virtual Campus>Residence Life and Housing, by Monday, May 7, 2018, by 8:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 21, 2018, at 7 p.m.
- Seniors and others involved with commencement activities must check-out by 7 p.m. unless approved.
- Early Close Communities
- Due to summer projects, Davis, Efird, North Campus Apartments Buildings 6 and 9, and Taylor Halls, will all close on Saturday, May 12, 2018, at 2 p.m.
- Any student from these communities needing to remain on campus for commencement-related activities will have to move to Interim Housing in Collins Hall.
- Students in these communities have received emails with additional information.
- Interim Housing
- Interim Housing is for students staying after the spring semester for summer school and/or athletic competition. This year Interim Housing will be hosted in Collins Residence Hall.
- Students who need to remain for commencement-related activities may be able to stay in their current assignment or may be relocated to Collins Residence Hall depending on projects beginning at the end of the spring term.
- There is a charge ($15 per night) for students staying in Interim Housing for purposes other than commencement. This fee will be billed to the student’s student account.
- Interim Housing is not guaranteed until the student’s request has been approved. Requests are due by May 7, 2018, at 8:30 a.m. Students may submit a request through WIN (WIN > Virtual Campus > Residence Life and Housing).
- For students staying in Collins Residence Hall during Interim Housing, please note the annual Wake Forest University Central Heating Plant shut down will begin on Monday, May 21, 2018, at 3 p.m. The steam shutdown to the campus is necessary for inspections and maintenance of the boilers as well as the steam distribution system. The steam outage will disable building heat and domestic hot water systems (sinks, showers, etc.) campus-wide, thus you will not have hot water. The boilers will be back to normal operation by Friday, May 25, 2018, at 8 p.m.
- Summer School
- For those students needing housing during Summer School, the 2018 Summer School Housing Application is also available through WIN>Virtual Campus>Residence Life and Housing.
- Check-in for Summer School Session One will be on Tuesday, May 29 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Poteat Residence Hall. Check-out for Summer School Session One is by 7 p.m. on Tuesday, July 3.
- 2018-2019 Dates
Finally, we are still collecting content suggestions for our Parents and Families section on our newly rebranded website. If you have questions or suggestions for content please visit our Parents and Families page.
As always, do not hesitate to contact our office if you have questions, or if we can be of assistance. We can be reached at email@example.com or 336.758.5185.