Based on current room availability, we would like to remind students that there is a second round of the room selection process which occurs during the middle of the summer each year. All students who are required to live in campus housing, but do not select during General Room Selection, are automatically placed on the list to select during the second round. Again, this is a normal part of our assignments process and occurs each year.
During the summer, rooms open up across campus for a number of reasons, including when students decide to go abroad or transfer. Students on the list for the second round will receive an email with a selection day to go online and select from what housing is available at that time.
- During the second round of room selection, we cannot guarantee a single or a particular residence hall, but there will housing options available for everyone.
- Students will select in the same priority order as during General Room Selection.
- Students are not required to have a roommate to select a bed in a double room during the second round of room selection.
- Students who fall under the residency requirement who fail to select housing and meal plan during the second round of room selection will be assigned to an available bed and the BASE meal plan.
The Office of Residence Life and Housing is pleased to share the following dates related to the opening and closing of our residential communities for the 2018-2019 academic year. Additional dates from the department will be made available via the rlh.wfu.edu Dates & Deadlines section as they are finalized.
- August 2018
- Wednesday, August 22 – New Student Move-In
- Check-in from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. with move-in assistance available from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday, August 24 – Sunday, August 26 – Returning Student Move-In
- Check-in between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, or
- Check-in between 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Sunday
- December 2018
- Saturday, December 15 – Final exams end
- A full 2018-2019 Academic Calendar is available here.
- Sunday, December 16 – Residence Halls close @ 12 p.m.
- January 2019
- Saturday, January 12 – Residence Halls open @ 9 a.m.
- Students returning to their fall assignment may return to campus anytime after 9 a.m. on Saturday, January 12
- Students needing to check into a spring assignment (i.e. returning from study abroad or new WFU student) will need to do so between:
- 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday, January 12, or
- 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Sunday, January 13
- May 2019
- Friday, May 10 – Final exams end
- Saturday, May 11 – Residence Halls close @ 2 p.m. for non-seniors (unless approved for Interim Housing)
- Monday, May 20 – Commencement
- Residence Halls close for seniors and those not approved for Interim Housing @ 7 p.m.
If you have questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336.758.5185.