To minimize the wait time in the car line, the Office of Residence Life and Housing encourages move-in during three waves – 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., 10 a.m. to noon, and noon to 2 p.m. These encouraged time frames will allow for better management of traffic around campus and will expedite the move-in process as we welcome our 1,400+ newest Demon Deacons.
Move-in times are assigned by building and floor to ensure students have access to move into their community with ease.
The Office of Residence Life and Housing is pleased to share the following dates related to the opening and closing of our residential communities for the 2018-2019 academic year. Additional dates from the department will be made available via the rlh.wfu.edu Dates & Deadlines section as they are finalized.
- August 2018
- Wednesday, August 22 – New Student Move-In
- Check-in from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. with move-in assistance available from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday, August 24 – Sunday, August 26 – Returning Student Move-In
- Check-in between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, or
- Check-in between 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Sunday
- December 2018
- Saturday, December 15 – Final exams end
- A full 2018-2019 Academic Calendar is available here.
- Sunday, December 16 – Residence Halls close @ 12 p.m.
- January 2019
- Saturday, January 12 – Residence Halls open @ 9 a.m.
- Students returning to their fall assignment may return to campus anytime after 9 a.m. on Saturday, January 12
- Students needing to check into a spring assignment (i.e. returning from study abroad or new WFU student) will need to do so between:
- 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday, January 12, or
- 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Sunday, January 13
- May 2019
- Friday, May 10 – Final exams end
- Saturday, May 11 – Residence Halls close @ 2 p.m. for non-seniors (unless approved for Interim Housing)
- Monday, May 20 – Commencement
- Residence Halls close for seniors and those not approved for Interim Housing @ 7 p.m.
If you have questions or concerns please contact us at email@example.com or 336.758.5185.