Residents who will be away for all or any significant portion of the break should follow the steps listed below:
- Remove all trash and recyclables by 7 p.m. on Friday, March 8, 2019.
- Take all valuables (i.e., computers, books, money, medications, clothing, etc.) that may be needed during the break. This will also be a precaution against theft or damage.
- Close and lock all windows, room and apartment doors. Key(s) and identification card should not be left in resident’s room.
- Remove any items that may be blocking or have been placed on or near the air conditioner/heater unit.
- Clean all Common Area refrigerators and remove all personal items in these refrigerators.
- Unplug all electrical appliances (fish tanks, surge protectors, alarm clocks, and computers) from wall outlets.
- Do NOT unplug MicroFridge units.
- Fan coil units are to be set on 70° and low.
- Personal property should be moved off the floor. This could avoid loss or damage if there is an unforeseen facility issue.
- Store all food in closed containers. Remove perishables.
- Take bicycles home or store them in residence hall rooms (no motorized bikes are allowed in the residence halls).
- Pull blinds down if room is on a ground floor or faces a balcony. Leave blinds up if room is on an upper floor and does not face a balcony. Turn off lights and lock room door.
All rooms will be inspected regardless if the student remains on campus during the break period. To avoid improper check out and/or housekeeping charges, students must comply with each item on the above check list.