The Summer Session Graduate Hall Director is a part-time Residence Life and Housing Staff member with a bachelor’s degree, previous residence hall experience, and current enrollment in a Wake Forest University graduate program. The Graduate Hall Director is responsible for managing the day to day operations of a residential complex housing approximately 200-350 students and reports directly to, and is supervised by the Summer School Residence Life Coordinator.
- One year experience as Graduate Hall Director.
- Enrollment in a Wake Forest University graduate program in either Spring 2017 and/or Fall 2017 is required.
- Spend at least 20 hours per week in the residence halls working on job related tasks. Be available to students for informal counseling, building relationships with them, and serving as a role model.
- Directly supervise the Residence Life and Housing Staff in the Summer Session building(s). Provide support, leadership, and assistance to the staff. Participate in staff training and scheduled staff meetings.
- Serve as a resource person for summer residence hall programming. Initiate and implement educational, cultural, and social activities, and participate in those planned by the RAs.
- Work in conjunction with Central Office to plan and prepare for the opening and closing of the Summer Session building(s). This includes, but is not limited to, developing and facilitating summer training; development of a summer housing welcome brochure; assisting with summer room assignments; ensuring that the facilities are ready for occupancy at the beginning of each summer session and are properly closed down at the end of the summer session.
- Serve as the building manager, coordinating the maintenance requests, and the upkeep of the facilities. Also, carrying out operational functions such as scheduling lounge use, checking in the residents, and inspecting the building and closing the hall.
- Uphold and enforce University regulations; report and process any violations thereof.
- Fulfill weekend and weekday duty on a rotating basis as assigned.
- Fulfill other administrative tasks as assigned by the staff in Residence Life and Housing.
Entire summer: $2,500.00