Thanks to the North Carolina stay-at-home order, social distancing has been effective in keeping our local COVID-19 infection rates relatively low. The current public health outlook now allows for a highly structured, phased move-out starting on May 11th.
- We anticipate that students will be able to sign up for a move-out time beginning on Monday, May 4 beginning at noon. Sign-up will be done via the Housing Portal.
- Please note that our portal has a limit on the number of students who may be signed in at one time. If you are unable to sign-in, please wait and try again at a later time. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- The number of people in buildings at a given time will be carefully controlled for maximum social distancing. No overnight stays in residence halls will be allowed.
- For students and families who are unable/choose not to come back to campus to move out, the University will provide access to options for pack-and-store (at no charge) or pack-and-ship (at student’s expense) for those students.
- We want to caution that if the public health guidance changes, we will have to adapt our plans for the safety of all involved. This could mean postponing or canceling move-out dates.
- We cannot allow private movers on campus during this time, other than our strategic partner, Storage Scholars (a student-entrepreneurship venture).
- Staff will be rounding communities and will follow-up if a student has not completed their packing during their time slot. If a student is unable to finish their packing in a reasonable timeframe, the remainder of their belongings will be packed and stored for them.
Individuals will be advised that they should not return to campus if they meet any of the following criteria:
- Are currently experiencing or have experienced within the last 14 days symptoms of possible COVID 19. Symptoms can include but are not limited to: cough, shortness of breath with or without fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, sore throat, diarrhea and sudden loss of taste or smell.
- Been exposed through direct contact to a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case within the last 14 days. For guidance on exposure and response, please review this CDC guidance.
- Any international travel or cruise ship travel (CDC travel guidance) within the last 14 days.
Approved students (and up to two move-out helpers) will be expected to:
- Complete an online health questionnaire at the time of scheduling and 24 hours prior to arrival.
- Submit an acknowledgment to document understanding of and willingness to comply with expectations.
- All individuals will be expected to provide their own and wear cloth face coverings at all times while they are on campus.
- Maintain social distancing (6’ from other people) at all times while on campus.
- Students will be allowed to have no more than 2 individuals accompany them onto campus and help with their move out. Students must be able to answer health screening questions for their helpers.
- Students are expected to abide by all local, state, and/or federal restrictions, including stay-at-home orders, in travel to, from, and during their time in Winston-Salem.