Students are encouraged to limit their risk for exposure to COVID-19 for 14 days prior to coming to campus for Spring 2021:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not readily available.
- Minimize going out in public places, especially crowded public places.
- If you do go away from your home, wear a face mask and stay at least 6 feet from others.
- Monitor yourself for symptoms of COVID-19. If you don’t feel well, stay at home.
- Avoid others that you know are sick.
- Get in the habit of doing all of these things now, because you will need to continue to practice these when school begins.
What to have in your home or apartment related to COVID-19:
Extra hand sanitizer, cloth face masks, thermometer, cleaning supplies, small first aid kit (Band-Aids, antibiotic ointment, over-the-counter pain medicine, over-the-counter cold medicine), feminine hygiene supplies (if needed), and a good supply of prescribed medications that are taken regularly.
In this kit, you might also want to include a supply of replenishing drinks such as Gatorade and food that you could eat without a lot of preparation (soup, crackers, granola bars, etc.) as well as other supplies (toilet paper, detergent, soap, disinfecting wipes or surface cleaners, feminine hygiene supplies if needed, etc.) that you might need in the event you became ill and needed to stay at home for a time.