We plan to begin welcoming students back to campus beginning August 17.
- New students will have the opportunity to schedule their move-in between August 17 and 20
- Continuing students will have the opportunity to schedule their move-in between August 20 and 24.
Students will be required to schedule a move-in appointment and appointment availability will vary by community to ensure proper social distancing.
Students will be able to schedule their move-in appointment later this summer as a part of their housing selection process.
Individuals will be advised that they should not return to campus if they meet any of the following criteria:
- Are currently experiencing or have experienced within the last 14 days symptoms of possible COVID 19. Symptoms can include but are not limited to: cough, shortness of breath with or without fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, sore throat, diarrhea and sudden loss of taste or smell.
- Been exposed through direct contact to a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case within the last 14 days. For guidance on exposure and response, please review this CDC guidance.
- Any international travel or cruise ship travel (CDC travel guidance) within the last 14 days.
Approved students (and up to two move-in helpers) will be expected to:
- Complete an online health questionnaire 48 hours prior to arrival.
- Submit an acknowledgment to document understanding of and willingness to comply with expectations.
- All individuals will be expected to provide their own and wear cloth face coverings at all times while they are on campus.
- Maintain social distancing (6’ from other people) at all times while on campus.
- Students will be allowed to have no more than 2 individuals accompany them onto campus and help with their move-in. Students must be able to answer health screening questions for their helpers.
- Students are expected to abide by all local, state, and/or federal restrictions, including stay-at-home orders, in travel to and during their time in Winston-Salem.