We plan to begin welcoming students back to campus for the Spring 2021 Semester beginning on Saturday, January 23.
- Students who are new to campus for the spring semester (i.e., did not live on campus in the fall) have been asked to schedule their move-in on Saturday, January 23.
- Students who lived on campus in the fall and are returning to campus for the spring semester may access campus and their housing beginning at 9 a.m. on Sunday, January 24.
Students who are new to campus will be required to schedule a move-in appointment to ensure proper social distancing.
There are four key requirements to prepare for your arrival:
- Complete the pre-arrival testing process
- Self-quarantine and monitor for symptoms for 14 days prior to accessing campus or other Wake Forest facilities
- Resume using the SneezSafe tool for daily symptom screening for 14 days prior to accessing campus or other Wake Forest facilities
- Provide flu vaccination documentation in the Student Health Portal or receive an exemption
Additional details on pre-arrival requirements can be found in the message from Vice President Rue on Our Way Forward.
- Students – including those living off campus – may check their compliance with these requirements on the homepage of our Housing Portal at go.wfu.edu/housingportal.
- If you do not fulfill these requirements, your DeaconOne card will be deactivated, restricting access to campus, including gate access, residence halls, academic buildings, dining areas, and more. You will be quarantined at the Hawthorne Inn in Winston-Salem until all requirements have been met.
Individuals will be advised that they should not return to campus if they meet any of the following criteria:
- Are currently experiencing or have experienced within the last 14 days symptoms of possible COVID 19. Symptoms can include but are not limited to: cough, shortness of breath with or without fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, sore throat, diarrhea and sudden loss of taste or smell.
- Been exposed through direct contact to a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case within the last 14 days. For guidance on exposure and response, please review this CDC guidance.
- Any international travel or cruise ship travel (CDC travel guidance) within the last 14 days.
For students who are new to campus for the Spring 2021 semester and arriving on January 23, you (and up to two move-in helpers) will be expected to:
- All individuals will be expected to provide their own and wear cloth face coverings at all times while they are on campus.
- Maintain social distancing (6’ from other people) at all times while on campus.
- Students will be allowed to have no more than 2 individuals accompany them onto campus and help with their move-in.
- Students are expected to abide by all local, state, and/or federal restrictions, including stay-at-home orders, in travel to and during their time in Winston-Salem.
Beginning January 24, our 20-21 Visitor and Guest policies go back into effect, and non-students are not permitted into our residential communities.