Graduate Assistant for Deacon OneCard
Position Description and Scope
This position is a twenty (20) hour per week Graduate Assistantship within the Deacon OneCard office. The conditions of work may sometimes include office time and/or being in the residence halls, academic buildings, athletic facilities, or administration buildings. This position will be assigned for the entire academic year. Summer employment may be available, and can be discussed if successful candidate is interested. Additionally, the successful candidate can stay on as employed for the next academic year if they are registered for classes as a full-time student. Specific job expectations and conditions include:
Assist in the Deacon OneCard office with card making operations.
- Process lost, stolen, broken, worn, defective or otherwise unusable cards for students, staff, faculty, contractors, and affiliates.
- Process the online Deacon OneCard card replacement form as they are sent in to the office.
- Inventory supplies including printer ribbons, cards, forms, and other office supplies.
- Fax forms to Dining Services and The Z. Smith Reynolds Library as necessary.
- Change printer ribbons and cards as needed.
- Assist the Deacon OneCard staff with a wide range of departmental activities.
- Assist other members of the Residence Life and Housing central office as needed.
Adherence to the Residence Life and Housing confidentiality policy.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Willingness to do administrative work over email as duties are assigned.
- Ability to work independently after assigned a project or task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Always come prepared to do school work in the event of down time.
- $7,350 stipend for the 10 months
- Bachelor’s degree
- Enrollment in full-time graduate coursework at Wake Forest University
- The following graduate programs are not eligible for employment:
- Master Teacher Fellows
- 1st year Law
- 1st year MBA
- Medical School Programs
- Letter of interest
- GA application available here.
- Statement from Graduate School verifying full-time enrollment at WFU
- Current resume
- Name, address, phone, e-mail of three references