Graduate Assistant for Housing
Position Description and Scope
This position is a twenty (20) hour per week Graduate Assistantship within Residence Life and Housing. The conditions of work may sometimes include office time and/or being in the residence halls. This position will be assigned for the entire academic year. Summer employment may be available, and can be discussed if successful candidate can stay on as employed for the next academic year if they are registered for classes as a full-time student. Specific job and conditions include:
- Conduct and organize inventory of residential and departmental assets including furniture, keys, signage, and central office supplies.
- Escort pest control services in the residence halls on a weekly bases and report comments back to Administrative Coordinator for Housing Operations.
- Conduct leased lounge inspections for student organizations and coordinate billing, work orders, and reporting back to groups.
- Maintain good condition of departmental vehicles including washing, vacuuming, and fueling.
- Assist the Assistant Director of Housing and the Coordinator of Housing with a wide range of departmental activities.
- Assists with inspections of residential facilities and grounds.
- Assist other members of the Residence Life and Housing central office as needed.
- Adherence to the Residence Life and Housing confidentiality policy.
- Safeguard assigned keys.
- Have a critical eye for facilities issues and conditions that may require maintenance or custodial services to attend to in the residence halls.
- Willingness to do administrative work over email as duties are assigned.
- Ability to work independently after assigned a project or task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Always come prepare to do school work in the event of down time.
- Ability to transport large and heavy products which may sometimes require assistance.
- $7,350 stipend for ten months, paid in twenty bi-weekly distributions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Enrollment in full-time graduate coursework at Wake Forest University
- Possess a valid driver’s license card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States. You must also possess a good driving record and must be insurable
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry 50 lbs
- The following graduate programs are not eligible for employment:
- Master Teacher Fellows
- 1st year Law
- 1st year MBA
- Medical School Programs
- Letter of interest
- GA application available here.
- Statement from Graduate School verifying full-time enrollment at WFU
- Current resume
- Name, address, phone, e-mail of three references