Graduate Assistant for Assignments
Position Description and Scope
This position is a twenty (20) hour per week Graduate Assistantship within Residence Life and Housing. The conditions of work may sometimes include office time and/or being in the residence halls, academic buildings, athletic facilities, or administration buildings. This position will be assigned for the entire academic year. Summer employment may be available, and can be discussed if successful candidate is interested. Additionally, the successful candidate can stay on as employed for the next academic year if they are registered for classes as a full-time student. Specific job expectations and conditions include:
- Develop and present training to Resident Life and Housing professional and student staff related to the StarRez housing software system and Assignments processes in collaboration with Assignments staff members.
- Market Assignments initiatives through a variety of means including print materials, online media, in-person help desks and group presentations.
- Write and/or review e-mail templates and other departmental mass communications with attention to clear communication that is consistent with University Identity Standards for writing style.
- Conduct benchmarking against other institutions regarding assignments policies and procedures.
- Generate and distribute reports on housing data in compliance with established reporting standards.
- Work closely with full-time Assignments staff on major processes including housing selection, room change periods, and major move-in/move-out days.
- Identify student needs related to housing assignments and propose solutions to meet those needs.
- Assist with auditing housing charges sent to Finance and Accounting Services office, as assigned.
- Participate in meetings of University and departmental committees, as assigned.
- Assumes other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Assignments and other Residence Life and Housing central office staff members.
- Evening and weekend hours will be required based on the programmatic needs.
- Adherence to the Residence Life and Housing confidentiality policy.
- Safeguard assigned keys.
- Become familiar with StarRez housing software.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently after assigned a project or task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps.
- $8,400 stipend for ten months, paid in twenty bi-weekly distributions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Enrollment in full-time graduate coursework at Wake Forest University
- The following graduate programs are not eligible for employment:
- Master Teacher Fellows
- 1st year Law
- 1st year MBA
- Medical School Programs
- Letter of interest
- GHD application available here.
- Statement from Graduate School verifying full-time enrollment at WFU
- Current resume
- Name, address, phone, e-mail of three references