Graduate Assistant for Residence Education
Position Description and Scope
This position is a twenty (20) hour per week Graduate Assistantship within Residence Life and Housing. The conditions of work may sometimes include office time and/or being in the residence halls, academic buildings, athletic facilities, or administration buildings. This position will be assigned for the entire academic year. Summer employment may be available, and can be discussed if successful candidate is interested. Additionally, the successful candidate can stay on as employed for the next academic year if they are registered for classes as a full-time student. Specific job expectations and conditions include:
- Attendance at Graduate Assistant training beginning July 31st is expected. Graduate Assistants for Residence Education will also be expected to assist with Resident Adviser training during during the month of August.
- Assists with the coordination and implementation of departmental programmatic initiatives in the halls and on campus, including research and planning related to residential curricula.
- Assists with the maintenance of programming resources of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programming efforts.
- Works with the Coordinator of Residence Education to develop a physical and electronic resource library for residence life hall staff regarding programming initiatives and ideas.
- Assists with the implementation and evaluation of new and existing undergraduate and graduate employee training programs and initiatives.
- Assists with graduate and undergraduate staff selection and placement processes, as well as graduate and undergraduate staff performance evaluations.
- Assists with the work and programming of the Residence Student Association and National Residence Hall Honorary
- Provides programmatic support and assists with the management of the Theme Housing Program.
- Assumes other related duties as assigned by the Coordinator of Residence Education and the other Residence Life and Housing staff members.
- Evening and weekend hours will be required based on the programmatic needs.
- Adherence to the Residence Life and Housing confidentiality policy
- Strong customer service skills.
- Willingness to do administrative work over email as duties are assigned.
- Ability to work independently after assigned a project or task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
- $7,350 stipend for the 10 months
- Bachelor’s degree
- Enrollment in full-time graduate coursework at Wake Forest University
- The following graduate programs are not eligible for employment:
- Master Teacher Fellows
- 1st year Law
- 1st year MBA
- Medical School Programs
- Letter of interest
- GHD application available here.
- Statement from Graduate School verifying full-time enrollment at WFU
- Current resume
- Name, address, phone, e-mail of three references