Spring Room Change 2014
- Spring Room Change Request must be submitted by – Friday, November 8, 2013, 5:00 p.m.
- Spring Room Change decisions - Decision letters will be e-mailed to WFU e-mail address – Tuesday, December 3, 2013
- Spring Room Change Moves – Check out from your current assignment must be completed within 24 hours of your last exam and no later than 9:00 a.m., Sunday, December 15, 2013 regardless of the availability of your new assignment.
- Room change requests will be processed in priority number order on a space-available basis.
- Cancellation of your Spring Room Change Request must be made in writing to Residence Life & Housing, 104 Alumni Hall, no later than 5 p.m., Monday, November 11, 2013.
- If your room change request is approved, you must accept your new assignment and any change in room rent.
- If you are unable to move into your new assignment before 9:00 a.m., Sunday, December 15, 2013 you are still required to move out and check out of your current assignment by this date.
- Failure to complete these tasks may result in cancellation of your room change, reassignment and/or an improper check-out fine.
- If you have a roommate, please be courteous and notify them of your intention to change rooms so they have the opportunity to pull-in a new roommate of choice.
- Any student who has a vacancy in their room after the Spring Room Change process is completed should anticipate being assigned a new roommate by the Residence Life & Housing for the Spring 2014 semester. Full occupancy is anticipated.
Single Room Section
Complete this section only if you are interested in moving into a single room for the Spring 2014 semester. Your request will be processed in priority number order according to the choice selected. If a request in this section can be honored, no further sections will be considered.
Moving to or within Theme/Greek Housing Section
Complete this section only if you are interested in moving to or within a Theme or Greek Housing area. Your request will be processed according to the box selected, if the housing is available and the appropriate approval is obtained. The required validation is either the Theme Adviser/Coordinator or the Greek President’s Spring Room Change Roster (it must include your name). If neither box is checked, the first box will be chosen for you. Once a request in this section has been honored, no further sections will be considered. No assignment into a completely vacant room will be considered unless a roommate has been chosen or
Moving within current (or to another) building Section
Complete this section only if you are interested in moving within your current, or to another, building on campus. Make sure you rank order your preferences. Do not place a number beside any building in which you would not accept a new assignment. Please note any specific floors or room requests within the “Other” section.there are no other vacancies available within the specified housing area.
If you are interested in moving from your current room assignment to a vacancy in another resident’s room. YOU should be initiating this form. The resident who is pulling you should send an email to Kristy Eanes (firstname.lastname@example.org) confirming their agreement to this assignment.
If you are interested in changing your Dining Membership for the Spring 2014 semester, please e-mail your change request to email@example.com. All requests must adhere to residence hall and class year minimums. If your request is approved for a move to an area of campus with a higher meal plan minimum than your Fall 2013 plan, you must upgrade to meet the new requirements.
Submit Your Request
Please fill out the Room Change Request form completely and thoroughly. All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required for proper form submission. Any questions or concerns about previously submitted forms should be directed to the RL&H office.
Please Note: Once a Room Change Option is selected, students should use the ‘Rank’ drop-down to select their priority for that specific request. (i.e. 1 – Moving within Building, 2 – Pull-In, etc.). Requests will be considered based on these ranks.
- Residence Life & Housing
- P.O. Box 7749
Winston Salem, NC 27109
Office: (336) 758-5185
or (336) 758-7777
Fax: (336) 758-4686