“Where Will You Wake?” Room Selection Sweepstakes 2017
Submission Deadline: Friday, March 24th, 2017 by 5:00 pm
Winners Announced: by Friday, March 31st
Residence Life and Housing is excited to announce the annual room sweepstakes video contest during our annual “Where Will You Wake?” room selection process. Enter to win the first place in line regardless of your selection priority number. Winners will be invited to choose their housing assignment before the general room selection process begins on April 17th. Any student who qualifies to live on campus may enter.
Make a video of yourself and up to 3 friends, stating what living on campus at Wake Forest University has meant to you and include footage of your current room.
- The video must answer the questions: “What has living on campus meant to you?” and “How has living on campus influenced your Wake Forest experience?”
- The video can be no longer than 3 minutes in length.
- All students in the group must appear in the video.
- You must include footage of your current room in the video
- The Demon Deacon must appear in the video in some form (in the form of a t-shirt, stuffed animal, etc.).
Rules for participation:
- You must be a full-time undergraduate student and eligible to participate in room selection for 2017-2018
- You cannot participate if you are Studying Abroad Fall 2017
- Rooms within pre-assigned blocks (e.g. Greek Blocks), Residential Engagement Communities, Resident Adviser spaces, Substance-Free Healthy Living, Quiet Living, Gender Neutral Housing, as well as students with medical accommodations, are excluded from the contest.
- By participating in the contest, you and all the individuals in your group consent and agree to authorize the use, publication and reproduction of your video for Residence Life and Housing’s unrestricted use. Your video may be used for promotional and marketing purposes.
How to participate:
- Create your video and include all the elements stated above.
- Register for the sweepstakes by filling out the registration form below and returning it to:
- Residence Life and Housing, Angelou Residence Hall, Suite 001 by Friday, March 24th, 2017 at 5:00 pm
- Late forms or videos will not be considered!
- Upload and Share your video by Friday, March 24th, 2017 at 5:00 pm!
- Upload your video file to your WFU Google Drive account.
- Upload the video in one of the following formats: .MP4, .MPEG4, .AVI, .FLV, .MOV, .WMV.
- Name the file with the category you are entering, the last name of one of your group members, and “Room Sweepstakes”. For example: Apartment.Deacon.RoomSweepstakes.mp4.
- Share your video from your Drive so we can see it! Share the video with email@example.com. Be sure you select “can edit” as the level of access. For detailed instructions on uploading and sharing, visit this link.
- Get Confirmation. We’ll email you to confirm we’ve received your video! If you do not receive an email within
24 business hours of your submission, please contact us as your video may not have been received.
Room Selection Sweepstakes Participant Agreement:
Consent to unrestricted video use:
By registering below, the individual(s) listed consent to and authorize the possible use, publication and reproduction of this video for Residence Life and Housing’s unrestricted use. This video may be used for promotional and marketing purposes.
Winning participants must meet with Kristy Eanes, RL&H Coordinator for Assignments, in Angelou Hall on April 10th to select housing. Only participants registered below may be assigned to the space selected. If any of the below participants decide not to live in the selected space, the entire group will forfeit the space and must then participate in the general selection process beginning April 17th. By signing below, individuals agree to allow any of the other
participants listed below to act as their proxy to select their housing and meal plan, in the event that they are not able to be present to select housing on April 10th in Angelou Residence Hall.