Room Thaw Request
- Room Thaw Request must be submitted by -Tuesday, January 21, 2014 at 12:00 Noon
- Roommates (current) of all requests will be notified by – by January 22, 2014
- Room Change Mixer will be held on Thursday, January 23 , 2014 – Time and location will be communicated by e-mail
- Roommate Preference will be due by Friday, January 24, 2014 at 8:30 am
- Students will be notified via e-mail of approved moves and the timeline for the moves on January 27, 2014
- Room Change Moves – Check out from your current room assignment must be completed within the 48-hour time-frame indicated in the approval e-mail
Timeline Notes – IMPORTANT
- Cancellation of your Room Thaw Request must be made in writing to Residence Life and Housing, 104 Alumni Hall or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm, Tuesday, January 21, 2014.
- Room Thaw Requests will be processed on a space-available basis.
- If you are interested in moving into a vacancy in another student’s room, you should complete the change request form an and your potential roommate should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Both students swapping rooms need to submit room change request forms.
- NO time extensions can be granted for room changes due to the sequential nature (domino effect) of many of the moves.
- If your room change request is approved, you must accept your new assignment and any change in room rent.
- Failure to complete these tasks may result in cancellation of your room change, reassignments and/or an improper check-out fine.
- If you have a roommate, please be courteous and notify them immediately of your intention to change rooms. We will formally notify the roommates of your intentions by January 22, 2014 so that they will be able to attend the roommate mixer.
- Any student who currently has a vacancy in their room or has a roommate that has requested a move should anticipate being assigned a new roommate by Residence Life and Housing for the Spring 2014 semester.
- All students will have the ability to declare a preference for a roommate by attending the roommate mixer, after which they will be able to submit their top three preferences.
- Singles are very limited. If you have a roommate situation that you consider untenable it is strongly encouraged that you select either single or double.
Submit a Request
Please fill out the Room Thaw Request form completely and thoroughly. All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required for proper form submission. Any questions or concerns about previously submitted forms should be directed to the Residence Life and Housing office.