Room Thaw Request
- Room Change Request must be submitted online between – Tuesday, September 2 and Sunday, September 7 at 11:59 pm.
- Students will be notified via email of approved moves beginning Monday, September 8.
- Students asking for general moves (e.g. double anywhere) will be given options beginning Tuesday, September 9 and 24 hours to confirm which option they would like to take.
- Room Change Moves – Check out from your current room assignment must be completed within the 48-hour time-frame indicated in the approval e-mail.
- Cancellation of your Room Thaw Request must be made in writing to Residence Life and Housing, 104 Alumni Hall or email@example.com no later than 12:00 Noon, Monday, September 8, 2014.
- Room Thaw Requests will be processed on a space-available basis.
- If you are interested in moving into a vacancy in another student’s room, you should complete the change request form an and your potential roommate should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Both students swapping rooms need to submit room change request forms.
- Time extensions may not be available for room changes due to the sequential nature (domino effect) of many of the moves.
- If your room change request is approved, you must accept your new assignment and any change in room rent.
- Failure to complete these tasks may result in cancellation of your room change, reassignments and/or an improper check-out fine.
- If you have a roommate, please be courteous and notify them immediately of your intention to change rooms.
- Any student who currently has a vacancy in their room or has a roommate that has requested a move should anticipate being assigned a new roommate by Residence Life and Housing for the Fall 2014 semester.
- Singles are very limited. If you have a roommate situation that you consider untenable it is strongly encouraged that you select either single or double.
Submit a Request
Please fill out the Room Thaw Request form (Available September 2 – 7, 2014) completely and thoroughly. All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required for proper form submission. Any questions or concerns about previously submitted forms should be directed to the Residence Life and Housing office.