Room Selection Times & Log On Schedule Information
- Selection times are randomly generated based on your housing classification.
- The earlier your time, the sooner you are allowed to participate and the more room options you will have.
- Separate selection times are issued for each gender.
- If you believe your selection time is incorrect, please contact Residence Life and Housing immediately at email@example.com or 336.758.5185. Changes to your time cannot be made once room selection begins.
- Non-resident students will not be issued a selection time and are not eligible to participate in the Housing and Dining Selection Process.
- If there are no spaces available at your section time, you will be able to select from available spaces in July during the Second Round of Selection.
Log on Schedule
You will receive a very important email from Residence Life and Housing the week of communicating the following:
- Specific housing and dining selection instructions.
- Your selection time – selection times range from 04/17/2017 at 8:45 a.m. to 04/21/2017 at 5:00 p.m. The earlier your selection time, the sooner you are allowed to log on and self-select your room and dining assignments.
- The Screen Name that you generate in the student portal is your Personal Authentication Code. In order for another student to have the ability to search for you to pull you into a room/apartment, they will need to have your Personal Authentication Code. you may log into WIN>Virtual Campus>Residence Life and Housing and follow the prompts to generate your Screen Name beginning March 30, 2017.
Housing Over Assignment
Occasionally there are times when there are more students guaranteed housing than spaces available in the residence halls. In the event this does occur: double rooms that were previously triples (or rooms that can accommodate three people) will be converted to triple occupancy; single rooms that were previously double rooms will return to double occupancy; and, designated floor lounges will be converted into student rooms. Room rent charges will be adjusted for those students whose room occupancy changes due to an over-assignment situation.