- The Deacon OneCard is the official Wake Forest University identification card used by all faculty, staff and students. The Deacon OneCard has many functions including identification, library privileges, Deacon OneCard account access, card access and event admission on campus. ID cards are also issued to University Affiliates who have assigned duties at the Reynolda Campus of Wake Forest University. These affiliates are not employed by the University directly, but rather perform services for the University and the community members. Affiliates may have access to the card access areas after a thorough authorization process and the hours of access are limited.
Log in using your Wake Forest University username and password.
New students should receive their username and password through postal mail by mid-May. If you have not received this letter by mid-May, please contact the Information Systems Service Desk via e-mail or at 336-758-4357. Service Desk hours can be found here.
YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO LOG IN FOR UP TO 2 DAYS AFTER RECEIVING YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD CREDENTIALS BECAUSE OF A TECHNICAL ISSUE.
Deacon OneCard Office
The Deacon OneCard Office provides a standardized, multifunctional, user-friendly identification card system based on advanced technology. The staff provides constituents with an array of services in a timely and professional manner. The Deacon OneCard Office is located in Alumni Hall, Room 127, within the Office of Residence Life and Housing. Please review the information tabs below for a thorough guide to the OneCard. If you have additional questions, feel free to contact us:
- Email us at DeaconOneCard@wfu.edu.
- Visit us (during business hours) at Alumni Hall, Room 131
- Call us: On Campus: Ext. 1949 Local Call: (336) 758-1949
Deacon OneCard Account
You can access specific services by calling or visiting the WFU Dining Services Office:
- Check current balance
- Add money to account (by phone) with a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card
- Request an account summary of expenditures, which can be either mailed or picked up personally
- Add money – via check or cash – by visiting the office
These requests for your Deacon OneCard Account may be handled in a number of ways:
- Navigate to the WFU Dining Services site
- Visit the Dining Services Office at Wake Forest University, Room 12, Reynolda Hall.
- Call Dining Services: On Campus: Ext. 5607 Local Call: (336) 758-5607 Toll Free: (800) 528-5778
- Obtaining a Replacement
All enrolled Wake Forest University graduate and undergraduate students are required to have a valid Deacon One identification card, whether physically attending classes on the Reynolda campus, attending classes remotely or taking online courses.
Office Hours and Location
Deacon OneCard replacements may be obtained from the Deacon OneCard office, located in Alumni Hall, Room 131. The office hours are 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and some evenings or weekends during special time periods of the year. The office is closed during University holidays. Beyond normal business hours, report lost or stolen Deacon OneCards immediately to University Police, 336.758.5591.
- All enrolled students may obtain one new card, with the replacement charge waived one time for the duration of their enrollment at Wake Forest.
- A replacement fee of $35 will be charged regardless of how many times your card is lost, stolen, broken, damaged or other circumstances concerning your Deacon OneCard.
Deacon OneCard Express Replacement Service
The Deacon OneCard office also offers a Deacon OneCard Express Replacement service for your convenience. To use this service, please complete and submit this OneCard Replacement form online. Fields designated with an asterisk (*) must be completed. Submit this form before 8 a.m., Monday through Friday and pick up your new Deacon OneCard after 10 a.m. the same day. This process will save you some time waiting in the office.
- Uses of Your Deacon OneCard
Your Deacon OneCard has your photo, name and University ID Number for use as an identification tool similar to state driver’s license or identification cards. It is your responsibility to carry your valid Deacon OneCard with you at all times. You must present your Deacon OneCard to any University official upon demand. During emergencies or special occasions, you may be required to have your Deacon OneCard visible at all times.
Libraries on campus use the Deacon OneCard bar code as a means of identification for use of library materials including checking out items. You may also be required to show your Deacon OneCard upon entry at the library.
Deacon OneCard Account
Your Deacon OneCard Account is a declining balance, debit account providing you with cashless purchasing power at any dining or other authorized location on the Reynolda Campus.
You may establish an account directly with the ARAMARK Wake Forest University Dining Services Office, located in Room 12, within the Reynolda Hall cafeteria or through the Financial and Accounting Services Office, located in Room 107, Reynolda Hall. Dining locations on campus include: Benson University Center Food Court, The Hilltop Market, Reynolda Hall Cafeteria, Magnolia Room, Zick’s Pizza Parlor, Shorty’s, Subway, Starbucks, and the Sundry Convenience Stores located in the Benson University Center and Davis Hall.
Other authorized locations on campus allowing use of the Deacon OneCard Account for payment of purchases or services include: University Stores (bookstore, textbooks and Deacon Shops), Telecommunications, University Theatre, Financial and Accounting Services, Campus Recreation, Student Health Service and Student Union.
For your convenience, funds may be added to your Deacon OneCard Account using a Visa or MasterCard, and account balances can be checked by logging on to the DeaconOne Card Account web page where you will create your own PIN number for on-line use. This site also contains information regarding policies, procedures for reporting lost cards, dining options and hours of operation for the various dining locations.
All residence halls are locked twenty-four hours per day for your safety and security. For added safety and security, entries and alarms from the card access system are monitored at the University Police office twenty-four hours a day. As an undergraduate student, a valid Deacon OneCard will allow access to all residence halls on campus from 7 a.m. until midnight daily. From midnight until 7 a.m. daily, access will be limited to the residents of the particular residence hall or suite.
A valid Deacon OneCard will also allow you access to the Library for after hours study (except during break periods), the Fitness Center during their business hours, Student Health Service during limited early evening hours, the University Police office at Davis Residence Hall during lockdowns. During your tenure at Wake Forest University, you may be allowed card access to certain labs, classrooms or other areas on campus. Some approved University faculty and staff also have access to the residence halls during various hours of the day.
If the card reader light is flashing red, you will need to use your Deacon OneCard for access. After placing your Deacon OneCard on the reader, the light indicator will turn green and unlock the door briefly if access is allowed to that area. If the card reader light is green, the door is unlocked. If the light turns solid red, access is not allowed. If the light turns red and access to the area should be allowed or if the light continues to flash red, please contact University Police or Residence Life and Housing for assistance.
Your Deacon OneCard may be used at various locations on campus for events such as theatre performances, music recitals, concerts, art exhibits, movies, guest lectures, intramural sports, Student Union activities, Student Government elections and football games. Some events may also require a fee for entrance. Basketball tickets are handled through the Athletic Department Ticket Office, 336.758. 5614 or 336.758.5613.
- Important Information
- To prevent unauthorized usage, report Deacon OneCards lost or stolen immediately to University Police at extension 5591 after business hours or if there is no answer at the Deacon OneCard Office at extension 1949 during business hours. This will deactivate your Deacon OneCard. The Deacon OneCard Office, ARAMARK, nor Wake Forest University will be liable for unauthorized usage of your Deacon OneCard.
- You are responsible for all transactions using your Deacon OneCard. It is imperative not to allow others to use your Deacon OneCard; it is considered a violation of University Policy to do so.
- You are responsible for ensuring your Deacon OneCard is kept in good working condition. With proper care and handling, your Deacon OneCard can last all years of study without replacements.
- Any function of the Deacon OneCard may be suspended at the request of an authorized University Official.
- Your Deacon OneCard remains the property of the University and must be surrendered upon departing or replacement.
- Old issue Deacon OneCards for which a replacement has been issued may not be reactivated for use.
- Report any issues with your Deacon OneCard via e-mail to DeaconOneCard@wfu.edu.
- Do not place any hole in or puncture your Deacon OneCard for any purpose; this will weaken the card and inhibit proper functionality.
- Do not carry your Deacon OneCard in a location prone to frequent flexing, such as a front pant pocket.
- Do not allow your Deacon OneCard to be laundered.
- Do not use your Deacon OneCard for any purpose other than one it is designed to do.
- Policy for Non-Degree Seeking Students
In order to provide a comprehensive learning experience for non degree seeking students, the Deacon OneCard office will provide a functional Deacon OneCard to these students for the purposes of access, WFU student identification, library privileges and provide the optional capability to fund and use Deacon Dollars in Aramark venues throughout campus. Per established University billing procedure, all non degree seeking students shall be charged a one time fee of $10.00 for the card, plus a usage fee of $15.00 per semester of enrollment. These fees will be charged to the students account.
Card activation will be on a per semester basis and will be subject to verification of enrollment from the Registrar’s office. Card replacement procedures will follow current Deacon OneCard policies and fee structure.
- Frequently Asked Questions
My Deacon OneCard has been lost or stolen. What should I do?
Report Deacon OneCards lost or stolen immediately to University Police at extension 5591 after business hours or if there is no answer at the Deacon OneCard Office at 336.758.1949 during business hours.
I have lost my most recently issued Deacon OneCard, but I have a previously issued Deacon OneCard. Can I reactivate the older one?
Unfortunately, we are unable to reactivate old issue Deacon OneCards.
I have more than one Deacon OneCard with my information on it in my possession. Is that against any regulation?
The University recommends having possession of only one Deacon OneCard with your information for your safety and security.
Why does it cost so much to replace a Deacon OneCard? Isn’t it just a piece of plastic?
When compiling the cost for replacing a Deacon OneCard, many factors must be considered including the costs of the equipment (hardware, cameras, software, printers), supplies (cards, ribbons), staff salary to cover the Deacon OneCard office, staff to process the Deacon OneCard updates and billing, etc. Your Deacon OneCard is a lot more than just a piece of plastic; there are several technologies on one card making it multi-functional.
How do I obtain access to a lab or classroom using my Deacon OneCard?
Access to a lab or classroom may be obtained by making a request to the contact person in the department where the reader is located. The contact person will then send an authorization request for the appropriate access.
I have lost or misplaced my Deacon OneCard. What should I do?
Contact University Police at 336.758.5591 or the Deacon OneCard Office at 336.758.1949 to have your card deactivated immediately. During regular business hours, 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, you may obtain a new Deacon OneCard at the Deacon OneCard Office, Alumni Hall, Room 131.
How do I add money to my Deacon OneCard Account?
Money may be added to your Deacon OneCard Account at the ARAMARK Wake Forest University Office located in Room 12 Reynolda Hall or through the Financial and Accounting Services Office located in Room 107 Reynolda Hall. Money may also be added using a Visa or MasterCard online at the ARAMARK site, where you will create your own PIN number for on-line use. Balances can also be checked at this site.
Can you tell me how much money I have on my Deacon OneCard Account?
Balances on your Deacon OneCard Account can be checked by requesting a balance inquiry at any of the cash registers used by ARAMARK Wake Forest University Food Services. Balances can also be checked through the web page at www.wfu.edu/dining where you will create your own PIN number for on-line use.
I need a new Deacon OneCard but do not have time to spend in line or waiting at the Deacon OneCard Office? Is there a quicker way to obtain a replacement?
Yes, you can use the Deacon OneCard Express Replacement service. Complete the web form above (via the link) and submit the form. If your form is submitted by 8 a.m., Monday through Friday, you may pick up your Deacon OneCard by 10 a.m. at the Deacon OneCard Office, Alumni Hall, Room 131.
I found a Deacon OneCard belonging to someone else. What should I do with the card?
A found Deacon OneCard should be turned in immediately to the Deacon OneCard Office during regular business hours or to University Police after business hours. You may also send an e-mail including the name and nine digit ID number located on the front of the found card to DeaconOneCard@wfu.edu as an alert.
I am withdrawing from the University. What should I do with my Deacon OneCard?
You may turn in your Deacon OneCard to the Deacon OneCard Office or to the Dean’s Office.
My Deacon OneCard is expired and I am currently still a student, faculty or staff member. What should I do?
Visit the Deacon OneCard Office, Alumni Hall, Room 131, during regular business hours for a replacement. Bring your Deacon OneCard with you to return.
My Deacon OneCard has some incorrect information printed on it (name, date of birth, ID number, etc.). What should I do?
Visit the Deacon OneCard Office, Alumni Hall, Room 131, during regular business hours and report the incorrectness. Bring your Deacon OneCard with you. Names are printed on the cards as first name, middle initial and last name. Sorry, no nicknames may be printed on the card.
If I still have questions related to my Deacon OneCard, whom should I contact?
Contact the Deacon OneCard office at DeaconOneCard@wfu.edu or 336.758.1949.
If I still have questions concerning my Deacon OneCard Account, whom should I contact?
Contact the ARAMARK Wake Forest University Office at 336.758.5607 or visit the website at www.wfu.edu/dining.
I would like to place a hole in my card to put it on my key ring. Where is the best place to put the hole?
Holes should not be placed in the Deacon OneCards for any purpose. A hole in the card will weaken the card and will inhibit functionality. Card carrying cases and key chain type card holders may be purchased at the University Bookstores.
I have a friend who would like to obtain a Wake Forest University ID card to visit the University. How do I obtain one for him/her?
ID cards are not issued to family members, friends, alumni, or visitors.
I have a friend who is a graduate student, how can I request access for him/her to my residence hall for visitation?
Graduate level students do not have access to the residence halls.